[IP] suspending pump

In a message dated 02/22/2000 2:40:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<   in geneva's case,
 though...by setting a temp basal for one hour for 0.0 , she will sometimes
 rise pretty rapidly to a higher than normal number.
 so ...we have to test hourly to monitor. >>

Thanks Ruth, that is what we realized.  I said that suspended the pump for 1
hour and then reduced the basal by .1 (from .4 to .3)  Well I was keeping a
close eye on it and at 12 after suspending it for 1 hour it was 145, so I
just changed the basal back to normal and all was well.  As a matter of fact
she woke up at 132.  How good is that?  I did just love not having to wake

After her being low all evening tonight also, I am wondering if our 6pm to 12
pm basal needs reducing or if we need to change her supper ratio.  She is at
1:15 all day right now, and was thinking maybe for supper we should switch to
1:20.  Not sure, guess we'll just have to work it out.

Susan :-)