Re: [IP] Re: Seven steps to good control

Hi Jose,
I'm fairly new to the pump (one month).  I'm curious as to two of your
steps:  clearing air bubbles each day--how do you go about doing that,
and what size are the bubbles you worry about (and what do you ignore?).
HELLO TODD. I'M USED TI CLEAN THE TUBING EACH MORNING BY
TAPPING THE CARTRIDGE WITH A PENCIL, OR MY FINGER, AND
RELEASING THE AMONUT MANUALLY. AFTER THAT I PUT THE
CARTRIDGE IN THE PUMO BACK AND PRIME TO SLACK (NORMALLY
7.2 U) WHILE TAKING A SHOWER. NORMALLY I CLEAN ALL BUBLES.

Also, "ENGINEERED forecast about the bolus throughout the day.
I developed a software that HELPS ME A LOT!!!"--could you explain
more about this?  Are you talking about calculating how much of the
bolus is used after, say one hour, two hours, three hours, etc.?  I'm
curious because I've recently tried to figure that out as well.
WELL IT'S VERY SERIOUS AND ONE OF THE MOST STEPS THAT
DRIVE ME TOWARDS 5.6% (AND COMING DOWN). I CAN NOT
TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT IT IS, ONLY THAT I HAVE FREEDOM
AND EXACTNESS THROUGHOUT THE DAY.

With your pizza and pie, how much insulin did you bolus?  Did you do a
square wave or dual, or just normal bolus?
FOR PIZZA I DO EXACTLY AS I DO FOR THE GENERAL FOOD - I
TAKE THE CARBOHYDRATE AMOUNT AND CALCULUS THE BOLUS
AND THE SET ADJUSTMENT (IF I AM BELOW OR ABOVE MY
TARGET). FOR MACARONI & CHEESE... YES I DO SQUARE, BUT
NOT FOR PIZZA BECAUSE MY PIZZA IS POOR IN FAT AND
CARBOHYDRATE (BUT RICH IN VEGETABLES) AND IT'S DELICIOUS!

Thanks.  I'm trying to learn all I can...and obviously those blood sugar
numbers of yours look great to me!
THANK YOU. I THINK I CAN DO BETTER - MY TARGET RIGHT NOW
ISAN EVEN 100, DAY BY DAY, AND 5.2% ON A1C TEST. IF I CAN
HELP YOU MORE JUST LET ME KNOW AND IF I ACTUALLY COULD,
IT'LL BE A PLEASURE.

Todd
JOSE

----------------
<original message--part>
In February I got a new A1C result, after 4 months pumping:

5.6%

It was achieved by TESTING my blood sugar level 8 to 10 times a
day (when eating AND 1.5 hour after AND when feeling different),
AVOIDING eating big quantities of protein (meat, cheese), cleaning
the tubing air bubbles off EACH MORNING, CHANGING the infusion
site after 72 hour-using, SETTING the basal rates, ratios and blood
sugar level target well, PAYING ATTENTION for the carbohydrate
quantity and ENGINEERED forecast about the bolus throughout the
day. I developed a software that HELPS ME A LOT!!!

Yesterday, for example,
I had pizza and chocolate pie for dinner. The blood sugar levels: 83
(after
1.5 hour), 83 (after 2.5 hours), 115 (after 5 hours), 105 ( after 8
hours)
and I woke up with 103. My target, right now, is 100. Even.

Yes, I got the pizza crust-carbohydrate quantity through the package
(32 carbos for half unit, so as I got an entire one, I had 64 carbos),
as
well as I got the chocolate pie information through the package (1/8
has 44 carbos), so I had 64+44=108 carbos at dinner. My blood sugar
was 77 ( I was tired... we went shopping, wlaked a lot and I needed to
change the car's spare tire), so I calculated my personal bolus and
everything was ok.