[IP] leaving old site in, funny story

Eve went to the doctor on Thursday for her three month check-up. Eve had
change her site late Wednesday night and leaves the old one in for a while.
She always changes her site at night b/c it is easier for her to change it
this way (she forgets to check her bg's at school, when she changes her site
in the mornings) besides my husband stays up late at night, and he always
checks her bg's at about 11 or 11:30 anyway.

So, at the doctors, Eve's doctor lifts up her shirt to look at her  tummy
were she puts her sets in and low and behold there was a set on either side
of her tummy
(she forgot to take out the old set in the morning). Doctor says " hmm, two
sites and only one hooked up? You have a spare in case something happens to
one of them?"  We all laughed. Eve said "Well, I leave the
old set in for a while." Doctor asked "Why"  Eve said "I was having high
numbers and I noticed that some clear liquid would form after I pulled the
set out right away. So, I leave the old set in for a while. Now I don't have
high numbers after site changes."  (Thanks, Michael)  Doctor said "Some of
my other patients have said that they have high numbers after site changes,
I should have them try leaving their old sets in about 2 hours." I'm so glad
that Eve's endo
thought that this was a good idea. It's nice to have an endo that will
suggest things that work for other people.

Eve's A1c this visit was 7.4. This is down from 9.0 in Nov., it was high in
Nov. b/c she had a long time infection in her big toes and this was causing
some high bg's we could not control. Next visit we hope to be under 7. We
need to work on Eve dusk phenomenon, she will rise about 100 to 150 in a
matter of 1 hour when she goes to bed, this has nothing to do with her
bedtime snack b/c when she
doesn't have a bedtime snack she will still rise this same amount.

Deborah mom to Eve 12.5
Dxed 5/3/96 pumping 5/21/99