[IP] Testing too often

> Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 13:29:01 EST
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] Testing too much?
> I just took my son to his endo and she told me it was inhumane of me to
> check my son as much as I do, generally around 7 times a day!  I was so
> offended!
> The last visit she complimented on me how often I check him,
>                                 Stephanie

When I started seeing my neph, he said I must get a BP monitor and what he
wanted my pressure to be under (to help preserve my kidneys).  I took four
BPs a day - keeping records. Neph then told me I had to stop, that I was
obsessed. I told my endo, and reminded him that he (endo) taught me a
pattern is necessary (as in BGs). I am on three diff. BP meds a day totaling
seven pills just for BP. The next time I saw neph he accepted my chart.
Then, when I saw endo I told him how *acceptable* neph was. Endo said, "Some
of those drs. can be cocky.* I asked if he talked to neph. My Q was
avoided - as he slightly smiled.
    Bottom line: Do you have another medical person who can explain to your
endo the importance of a pattern in dealing with DM?
    I do think there can become a point of obsession. Until we hit on the
right meds and times of day for them, it was important for me to test. I
take may 2-3 BP check a week now.
    Jan (60 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83)