Re: [IP] Mail order scrips

Jan,

Thanks, that was my other story.  First time I ever gotten an order I had
sent for all my meds, plus Humalog pens (I always carry one with me in case
of pump failure)
and 16 boxes of strips.  They came while I was out of town over night (early
fall).  When I opened the package which sat on my deck over 24 hours the
insulin was still plenty cool but the cool pack was packed right beside the
strips and the strip boxes were damp due to condensation.  Called the drug
co. right away and "the Druggist" said they would be all right to use.  End
of story.  Next time I was with the new co. so I said (AND I WAS REAL UPSET
WHEN I WAS TALKING TO THE GIRL THAT ANSWERED) DON'T leave these if I am not
home.  Of course, they came while I was at work they left a note that I could
pick them up at the P.O. Too late it was already closed had to wait until
next day to pick them up.  Only had a few strips left and had to only test
before meals that day.  I HATE MAIL ORDER DRUGS!  Oh well, if it isn't that
it will be something else.  I know I could have complained, etc.etc. but I
didn't feel like wasting my breath.  I still had a few strips left from the
brand I was using before I was forced to switch so I used them to spot check
on the new strips.  They always seemed to check out OK.  Thanks for the
advise though.

Nancy