Re: [IP] Synthroid versus generic brand

>Does anyone have experience with generics and the
> bioavailability of  hormones

my daughter, husband and I are all on thyroid meds.  started with synthroid
back in '80's when all docs were told that only synthroid would do.  now
there is a class action lawsuit by the manufacturers of generics who claim
"marketing ploy".

anyway...we are now on generics as my doctor assured us that they were the

have had no problems.  been on 'levothroid' now for three years.

we also only pay $5 for the generic as opposed to $15 for synthroid.  (with
Kaiser N. CA)

for what it's worth,
ruth...who is waiting for the big payoff when litigation is over!  ;-)