Re: [IP] insurance questions- cobra, self-employment

Julie Britt wrote:

> I was just wondering... Does anybody here have cobra?  Where would I go to
> find info on how to get it?  In October I turn 23 and will be off mom's
> insurance until around Jan when I am done with school and employed...well,
> actually those benefits wouldn't start for probably 90 days, would I be able
> to qualify for cobra even if I'm not mom's dependent anymore?

I just went through a similar circumstance with my mom's insurance.  I am able
to buy a cobra policy through my mom's office that is identical to the one I had
before for something like 15? months.  I am not a dependent either and this was
no prob for me in Michigan.  Good luck!