Re: [IP] Insurance coverage

In a message dated 2/21/00 10:36:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I think that, as knowledgeable people, we all have an obligation to
 staff benefits -- and the people who make the decisions on coverage -- on
 benefits of good DM care >>

"The more education, the more stupid a people becomes"  someone said that,
just not sure who, missed that part of my education, however, my point is
what happened to good old fashioned common sense.
We (parents) of child with D, you with D are educating insurance companies,
schools, endos, friends, employers, nurses, other medical personnel and the
list goes on and on.
Ins companies - are not stupid, they have medical personnel on advisory
Schools - are not stupid, they have medical personnel on advisory boards
Endos - are not stupid, they should know what CONTROL is and what it takes to
get there: strips, insulin, pump, meters, g shot etc.
ETC - the list goes on and on.
Yet, each person dealing w/ D, has to go in and educate, each and every day!
I know for a fact, there are others with D using the same ins co, school,
endo etc. and as we hang up the phone or walk out the door, they are calling
or coming in and having to educate.
Education for NC residents: e-mail me and I will send you an education
Package includes all sorts of information dealing w/ D plus an added bonus of
common sense applications.
Thanks for Listening!
Darlene Mom to Kap - age 9 pumping
BTW: Your Friends, keep them stupid because on days like today, you will need
them for a laugh.