Re: [IP] insurance questions- cobra, self-employment

I have Cobra coverage. Regarding not qualifying for your mom's insurance
because of your age may make you ineligible for Cobra since it is a
continuation of the same benefits (but I'm not positive about that).  You
should be able to obtain Cobra info. from the benefits dept. of your moms
employer. This info. will tell you if you are eligible or not. There is also
something else called the HIPAA act which is Health Ins. Portability and
Accountability Act (or it's name is close to that).  Through them you are
able to obtain health ins (by paying for it yourself) and I don't think the
ins. co. are able to have any preexisting clauses.  Again, you will have to
confirm this info. for yourself. Good Luck.