[IP] Re: Found a solution

email @ redacted writes:

<< For years I have had large glucose spikes after meals. MDI did not fix this
 problem, nor did the pump at first. I believe I have found a solution and
 I'd like to see if anyone else has had a similar experience. My blood sugars
 have always been good when I get up in the mornings. It is only after eating
 that my sugar would quickly jump to 250+. It would come back down but I just
 could not prevent the huge spike. Several weeks ago I decided to set my
 basals as if I had a dawn phenomenon. >>

This is EXACTLY what happens to my son Paul, age 6, and one of the main
reasons we are pursuing the pump. If we jack up the H to cover the spike, he
inevitably goes low later. If I give him less insulin, he's sky-high at snack
time but within range at lunch. FRUSTRATING!!! Janice, proud mom of Paul