Re: [IP] Found a solution

In a message dated 2/21/00 7:45:13 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< My blood sugars
 have always been good when I get up in the mornings. It is only after eating
 that my sugar would quickly jump to 250+. It would come back down but I just
 could not prevent the huge spike.  >>

Yep, I have this problem too, in addition to Dawn Phenom which I have always
had basals set for.  The last couple months I have been waking at 6:30am
around 100, bolusing about 2 units to stay around 100 for when I eat two
hours later at 8:30-9.  It seems to have something to do with actually
getting up, because the times are different on the weekends depending on when
I get out of bed. This seems to work to get rid of the big post-meal spike,
but took me quite some time to get the guts to bolus 2 units when I was 100
and not going to eat for two more hours.  This is a big YMMV item, but nice
to know I'm not the only "morning spiker".

Best wishes,