[IP] Had Stomach Virus, now need less insulin?

Hi Everyone,

This is strange to me so I wanted to ask all of you.

I had the stomach flu last Sunday/Monday (8 days ago) and the pump was great
for keeping my numbers level while I could not eat.  However, I have been
struggling with lows since then.  I have dropped my basals from 35u daily to
about 25u daily.  1u used to bring me down 50 bg points, now it does 75.  I
used to bolus 1u for 10 carbs.  Now it seems more like 1u for 15 carbs.

Why would my info change so much.  I have heard about insulin toxicity,
where the more insulin you use, the more you need.  Do you think that is
what was happening to me and the lack of food for 3-4 days (not completely,
but soup, crackers, liquids) and simultaneous lack of insulin allowed my
body to reset itself?  It's the only thing I can think of.  I assume this is
related to insulin resistance, which many of you do not have, but I am
hoping someone has some input.

Ellen Compell (31) - Type II (Humalog only)
MiniMed 507C since 1998