Re: [IP] Found a solution

>Several weeks ago I decided to set my
> basals as if I had a dawn phenomenon. This has worked like a charm so far.
> am usually 80 upon arising and I seldom make it to 200 after meals now.
> Yesterday I had waffles and syrup for breakfast. Was 159 one hour

this sounds similar to what we do with geneva when she eats high glycemic
foods in the am..

(cereal and waffles and bagels!)

she sets a  temporary basal for about 3-4 hours  (we  guess here) at 0.2
points higher than her normal basal.  so her 0.5 basal  in the am becomes TB
of  0.7 until lunchtime.
now..the difference between what you are doing and her situation is that you
are getting a headstart on the hour prior to awakening.

does this work when you eat a low glycemic food?  i.e.: eggs and ham?

I would be curious to see if you got low if you ate that kind of breakfast.
then again..most folks do eat foods high on glycemic for breakfast.