Re: [IP] pumps

my opinion on pumps,
GET ONE THAT PUMPS INSULIN - and you will never be sorry!
MM or  Disetronic, before Kap received his pump, I was working on one of my
own: This was my plan:Take the pager apart, insert a ink cartridge (wash ink
out and fill it up with insulin, cap it off, insert coffee stirrer into cap
and the other end on the syringe, push needle in and tape down.  Of course,
use duct tape around each connection.  Tape down pocket watch to pager and
with a paper clip coiled around the watch hands - the clock will uncoil the
paper clip as the watch ticked away the minutes therefore pushing in the
plunger on the syringe - delivery of insulin.
Minute hand would have been basel dosage, Kap could pull out the stem on the
watch and give the hour hand a twirl for a bolus, 1 hr = 1 unit - ect.
Hubby said - humm, any FOOL could do it.  And with me being as smart as I am,
I knew I could do it. But the Disetronic arrived the next day.
Kap has been pumping with the Disetronic a month now - 2/19 was 1 glorious
month, still have a few kinks to work out.  But, I feel even my invention
would had some kinks.
Happy pumping no matter which pump you choose!
Darlene - Mom to Kap - age 9 pumper