Re: [IP] About Batteries

Christine <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Does anyone know how long the batteries will last after you get the warning
> low batteries on the Minimed 508?

As a rule, silver oxide batteries, such as the 357 the MiniMed uses, have a very rapid decline when the start to fail.  One of the benefits of silver oxide is they maintain full power pretty much for the life of the battery.  If you get a low battery signal, you should probably replace them at once.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of my wife who runs this house and makes more important decisions than I do.