[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #940

In a message dated 02/19/2000 9:56:10 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  Fri, 18 Feb 2000 22:57:04 -0700
 From: charisma <email @ redacted>
 Subject: Re: [IP] It's all in your head
 I snaybody up now?  I am scared to death.  I know this is commonplace
 for others, but paddy was 92 at bed(for us VERY low.  72 one hour later,
 75 after that, now he is 48.  I have been feedinghim gluc tabs all night
 and this is all Ihave gottne.  I am afraid to use the glucagon
 suggestions?  He has not been low in so long I have no idea, but this
 seems REALLY low to me.  He is gettin gpretty combative
Re:low bg.  Since glucotabs didn't do it, you might want to increase the
quantity of tablets you're dosing.  About six of them constitutes about 8 oz.
of soda.  Less  than that is only equivalent to a few swallows.  If not
glucotabs, there are other alternatives: e.g. coca cola (regular, not diet),
orange juice if it doesn't upset the stomach, apple juice.  These are the
fastest for recovery.  My CDE created a specific formula for my needs when I
am low which really works and I feel less intimidated  and hopeful for a
reasonably "quick" recovery.