[IP] an update and some questions

I recently joined the list and am diligently pursuing pump therapy for my
son, Paul, 6, DX at 20 months.

We met with the child psychologist and dietician from my son's team on
Wednesday and I think the meetings went well. Now we meet with the endo and
CDE on March 23. After that, they will put their heads together and decide if
we are candidates for the pump.

In the meantime, I am reading "Pumping Insulin" and have a few questions.

1. I know YMMV, but I'm curious what the basal and bolus profiles are for
children about Paul's age and weight (6 years old, 50 pounds).

2. What pump did you choose and why? (We're leaning toward Disetronic because
of the extra pump and waterproof feature.)

3. Is there an updated edition of "Pumping Insulin" that discusses Humalog in
the pump? If there isn't, is some information in there outdated (example:
bolusing 30 minutes before a meal?)

Thanks for any feedback.

Janice, proud mom of Paul