Re: [IP] pumps

 >I have heard about both pumps and they both sound comparable, can someone
please tell me exactly what the differences are >between the disetronic and
minimed?  Is there a better one technically or are the differences mainly
personal preference?  Thanks

I would highly recommend that you contact both companies and meet with
their reps.  There is also some information ( somewhat outdated ) at

I can only speak from the knowledge I have which may not be 100% all
encompassing.  I think some of the main differences are that the D is
waterproof, MiniMed is not.  The D delivers insulin every 3 minutes
regardless as to your basel rate, where the MiniMed basel are disbursed my
volume per hour ( I am not sure how this works but hopefully a MiniMed user
will pipe in ).   The MiniMed has the dual and sqaure wave feature, the D
does not but can be mimiced.  I think the new MiniMed 508 has three
different basel "days" where as the D only has one as of now.

I would personally say that the main difference is personal.  Well it was
for me.  I wanted a waterproof pump that can go with me in the shower,
swimming, etc..

I hope this helps some and I am sure other people will respond as well.