Re: [IP] Stress level Ratio???

Carolyn Green wrote:

> Stress is the one thing that just sends my bgs wacky and that I don't
> have much control over, it seems.

Stress can really do a number on my bgs.  I changed jobs last January
and let the old job talk me into working part-time in the evenings for a
couple of months.  If I knew one person was going to be there, I would
start a temp basal at 140% of normal about 45 minutes before I got
there.  If I didn't know this person was going to be there, I would
start the temp basal and bolus 1-2 units when I got there.  I am
starting to recognize times that stress will mess up bgs and act before
they are high, testing bgs to make sure my "prevention insulin" was the
correct amount.