Re: [IP] We need help!

    Looks like I'm the first to respond, so let me be the first to say BRAVO
for not accepting the "status quo" in diabetes care for Type I - at ANY age!!
Rest assured there are TODDLERS, 2 yrs old, successfully pumping, who are no
longer running screaming from their anguished parents who were having to
inject multiple times per day. No, they're not going into DKA; no, they're
not yanking out the tubing; no, they're not getting site infections from
playing in the mud...or any other of the inane "stories" propogated by
anti-pumpists. As a mother of a newly dx'd 4 yr old said to me yesterday, why
are these supposedly revered Children's Hospitals promoting such an "archaic
& anal" (her words) approach to diabetes.
   Anyway, if you haven't already done so, be sure to read the stories at
IP's page  <A HREF="http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/pkids.shtml">Kids who PUMP
INSULIN</A> and the 50+ stories at Ellen's website: <A
HREF="http://members.aol.com/camelsRFun/index.html">CamelsRFun's Home Page</A>
   I'm certain you'll be hearing from the many parents of what I like to call
"pint-sized pumpers" who post here at IP about how worthwhile the end result
will be, even if you have to go to great lengths to find a ped endo willing
to work with you.

Regards, Renee (17 yr old Melissa's pump-mom/advocate)