[IP] We need help!

We decided to put our 6-year-old on the pump but when we saw his pediatric endocrinologist yesterday she said she will not even consider him for a pump until he is a teenager.  She is strongly opposed to any school age child on the pump.  Needless to say we are very upset and have contacted the pump companies for help.  If anyone lives in the Indianapolis area and knows of a good chilren's pump doctor, please let me know.  We have been given a few names but don't know anything about the doctors other than that.  Also, can anyone tell me exactly what is the difference between a diabatologist and an endocrinologist?  Is one better than the other in dealing with a young type 1 diabetic?  Thanks ahead of time for any advice!