Re [IP] American Association of Clinical...

>The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) has just
>updated their guidelines for diabetes care.

Thanks for this post (and all of your others on the "latest and
greatest" diabetic news).
Glancing through the first few pages, I think this document could be a
great resource for people having insurance troubles with paying for the
pump. For example, a few quotes:

"Because two-thirds of the costs of diabetes management are currently
for inpatient care and complications of diabetes ..."

"...or use of an insulin pump was optimal management. This therapy also
can be optimal for many patients with type 2 diabetes who may have
insulin deficiency and therefore require insulin supplementation. Often
included in this group are older patients, nonobese patients, and
patients with diabetes of long duration."

and me and Shane's personal favorite: "It is unreasonable to expect the
patient to maintain a constant meal plan and insulin regimen. ... The
flexibility empowered those patients [who adjusted food and insulin
according to BG readings] to adhere more willingly." This has certainly
been true in our case!