Re: [IP] Problems in the classroom

In a message dated 2/17/00 6:14:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<   A week ago this past Monday, Newscenter 5 in Boston, Massachusetts had a
 report on this very topic.  Showing two different children, one an eleven
 year old testing his BS at his desk while the teacher was still teaching and
 a 15 yr. old that is on the pump.  The 15 yr. old is told that she can test
 in the classroom only in an emergency.  Which she went on and said every
 is an emergency because she needs to know if she is high or low so she can
 something about it and help prevent any complications in the future.  It was
 a great segment. >>
   Small world! I just found out that the teenaged girl was none other than
another cyber pal from MA's daughter who served as her state's representative
to the JDF Children's Congress in June!!! Apparently the news segment didn't
air when it was supposed to & even her mom missed it!! LOL...
   But the best part of the story ( now that I know who was featured!) is
that the incentive for her to get a pump came from meeting my family,
specifically Melissa, (when we were in New England in August '98 scouting
colleges,) and being impressed when the girls had lunch together, at how easy
it was for Melissa using a pump!!!
  Regards, Renee (who is very proud of our "pump progeny"!!)