[IP] re: why test when low

i don't usually test when i'm low...i know i'm low...i eat. if i still feel
low after i've eaten enough to fix it, then i test to make sure it's going
up and it's just a residual low feeling. when i was in school i hardly ever
tested. i just ate when i was low... that was grade school though. in
college i tested more often but still, when i'm low, i just
eat...especially in the middle of the night. but, my low and high symptoms
are totally different so i can tell the difference. some people can't.
Erinn (pumping almost 2 months)

>Not to start a controversy, but why do folks test their sugar when they can
>tell it's low by how they feel?  Do folks do a different amount of snack
>according to their readings?  Are there that many "false lows," when you
>feel low but aren't?  I'm thinking of this especially with the recent long,
>long thread about testing sugar in class.  Why put yourself through the
>agony of the battle, other than the principle of the thing?  Why not pop the
>usual low treatment into your mouth, and test when class is over?  I know it
>would feel like the "bad guys won" - but are there other reasons than that?
- What matters most is how you see yourself -