Re: [IP] counterregulatory WAS Somogyi Effect

> >> The Somogyi effect ...
> I have had problems with this before...but I am wondering, why do
> some people have seizures in their sleep form going too low, why
> don't they just rebound from this hormone stuff?

Sometimes the liver does not kick in soon enough and the brain gets
shutdown resulting in the seizures. At one time, massive doses of
insulin were used as "shock" therapy for psyciatric patients to
induce seizure and minute brain damage to modify behavior -- now they
use electricity (both seem a little weird to me, but what do I