[IP] Why test when low

In a message dated 02/18/2000 10:53:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Why not pop the
 usual low treatment into your mouth, and test when class is over?  I know it
 would feel like the "bad guys won" - but are there other reasons than that?

You are right for the most part, but I know Allie doesn't always hit the nail
on the head with lows.  Like this morning she thought she was low and was
actually 135.  If we had treated it, what would have happened.  I'll be
honest if we didn't have many lows may go that way, just depending on if
lunch was near and we could correct high or what ever.  Like I said she
mostly gets it right, but if she has had a BIG drop, sometimes feels low when
she isn't.  Those lows I treat with extra hugs and no food, unless we bolus
for it.