Re: [IP] Why test when low

My son frequently begs for food, stating he is low, but I know with
about 95% certainty that he is not, because he NEVER is.  Additionally,
he FEELS low starting about 150 because he has been so consistently high
for so many months.

But the alltime BEST reason I can think of is that he'll be acting high
and all I can think is "boy he needs some insulin and some EXERCISE, and
then he is his once in a blue moon 60!"  YIPES!  So, I test most every
time, just to be safe.

But, I do know people who have consistent symptoms that do not test.
One woman I know skips the test and immediately feeds when she yawns
more than twice in a minute.  She knows that is her body's signal for
less than 60.  I've never known her to be wrong yet.