"Tell-Tale Blood" (was)Re: [IP] RE: Being a 'public' diabetic

In a message dated 2/18/00 8:46:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I also have the thicker/darker- higher, thinner/liter red= lower phenomena.
 I always was sure it was just me too! LOL!! >>
   This thread has circulated before on IP & received LOTS of corroboration,
including my daughter's identical observations to yours. Even being a
non-scientist, I can fathom this one/....but what I CAN'T fathom is that when
Melissa, then about 10 yrs old, mentioned this fact to the head of ped. endo
at our revered children's hospital, he dismissed her (and me) with a sneer &
muttered something about it being ridiculous & we should stop looking for
"black & white" explanations for why diabetes was so variable....Same doc by
the way who dismissed my hubby when, upon dx, he inquired about pump therapy,
and was told not to even think about it until she was an adult!!!

Regards, Renee