Re: [IP] Why test when low

In Jessica's case, we have found that she does have false lows due to rapid
blood sugar drops, so we test to be on the safe side.  Also, the other night
she felt low and tested and it was 28!  We haven't seen a low like that in
over a year!  But had she just treated and gone on, it could have been
dangerous.  As it was, we stopped the pump, and she ended up eating 81g
carbos over the next 3 hours and never got over 61.  Just one of those
freaky things I guess. She was back to normal the next morning.  But had we
not tested, I wouldn't even want to think of the consequences that could
have happened.

Nita
Mom of Jessica, age 8, diagnosed @ 9 months, pumping 1.6 years