[IP] Why test when low

Not to start a controversy, but why do folks test their sugar when they can
tell it's low by how they feel?  Do folks do a different amount of snack
according to their readings?  Are there that many "false lows," when you
feel low but aren't?  I'm thinking of this especially with the recent long,
long thread about testing sugar in class.  Why put yourself through the
agony of the battle, other than the principle of the thing?  Why not pop the
usual low treatment into your mouth, and test when class is over?  I know it
would feel like the "bad guys won" - but are there other reasons than that?