[IP] Doofus

> Jan,
> I thought I had done my worst finding the
> cereal in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard!  I guess this pump
> will give me an entire NEW field to be a doofus in!  LOL
> Charisma :)
> JHughey wrote:
> >
> > We've *discussed* this "lack of brain function" before here, but I just
> > want to give my own example. I changed sites earlier and left the old
> > set in about an hour.
> A lot of us leave our old set in for awhile on purpose... especially if
> we've just recently bolused. This gives the insulin from the old set a
> chance to absorb before you rip that old sucker out. It also gives you an
> excellent rationalization for why you forgot to remove it. :-)
> Sam

I did leave the old set in about an hour - on purpose. I used to go pretty
high for a few hours after a set change. Then I learned from this list to
leave the old one in for awhile. I knew about the .5u prime to fill the
cannula, but nothing ever said to do that inside the bod. Thus, doing that
procedure caused me to hit a low. But, my li'l ol' brain knew to test and
when it was 60 - so what? Do the things that are important -- like read the
IP digest. ;) Don't plan too hard on being a doofus -- that's better than
being a boob.  (Sorrrryyyyy - couldn't resist that one.)
Jan (60 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83)