Re: [IP] no testing on public bus

>VERY LEAST we can do is manage our disease out in the
> open- in the streets, in public restaurants and stores, and in OUR
> SCHOOLS!  Diabetes is nothing to hide.

I beg to differ on one small item, at least for type 1's.

Diabetes is not really a disease. The disease part has come and gone
and left behind a functionally dead pancreas. What remains is merely
a "condition" that is really not much different than if the pancreas
were removed. Diabetes for a type 1 or a type 2 that has reached the
"limit" is a matter of managing without a part of their body
functioning properly.

You certainly would not call a person with an amputated leg someone
with "leg disease". Diabetes as we know it on a day to day basis
truly is a disability as opposed to a disease. The horrendous side
effects might be classified as a disease or disease process, but
certainly not the lack of a functioning pancreas.

OK, flame me .... heh... heh...