Re: [IP] Problems with Glucometers in the classromm

In a message dated 2/17/00 11:05:35 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I think if each parent would just spend one day in the classroom (not be
 to be seen by students) the parent may have just a little more respect for
 the job that is being done.  >>

I'll say "amen" to that. I volunteer in my grandchildrens' classrooms (K and
2) and am constantly amazed at what some of the needs that are there -- from
medical to just plain needing some attention. In fact, I would advise
volunteering in the classroom once in awhile -- not just to see what teachers
have to put up with, but to maybe make a difference in a young life.

And to keep this note on topic -- I get to help teach what having DM has
taught me: nutrition, that your body doesn't always work right, etc. Oh, and
not to tug on Elvis' "leash." lol