Re: [IP] Problems in the classroom

I have been dealing extensively with the public schools systems for the past
49 years.  We all like to think that we know the answer to the problem with
education.   Our world has changed tremendously in that time.   One fact
remains the same. A teacher is a teacher and an educator is a professional.
That is, they focus on only teaching a child to deal on the subject matter
and passing the subject test to improve their chances of getting a raise at
the end of the year.  All you have to do is observe the teacher and child
relationship.   I had a teacher this past year that very quickly claimed to
be a professional educator and that she was in the classroom to teach not to
baby sit.  Well, it claim out in talking with several teachers in the
conference.   The ones that considered themselves teachers appear to love the
children and wanted them to succeed in life.   The educator implied that
loving and understand the children was not a part of their job.   It was
their job to present the material and it was up to the child and the parents
to see that the child learned the subject.   The difference is that every
child will not be the next president, thank God, but every child who is let
in the right direction will succeed.

Teaching math, science, or any subject is not presenting the material but
building the desire in the children to want to know more.

Children are being push to much in some areas and not enough in other areas.
 I go out to work at 6:05AM and the kids are already walking to the bus stop.
  They don't get home until 4::15 PM.   Then they have 3 hours of homework.
They spend more time moving from classroom to classroom than in the

Teaching is not a science it is an art form.  Those that are good at it
understanding childern.   I recently had a teacher who was bragging on how
many of her children had succeed in life.  She had a right to brag.  She knew
what those kids had done as adults, where they were, and what they had
accomplished.  The reason, the kids were inspired by her and kept in touch
over all those years.

Go to the local library and pull up the state statistics for public schools
and look at the ratio of support personnel to teachers.   Look at the salary
of principals and superintendents compared to the teachers.   It is a sad
story.  The reason is it is money driven.

Most teachers have not problem working with the problems of children with
disabilities.   There is no safety concerns unless a person  believes
everything that is written to promote more health care spending, more
television dollars, more newspaper articles.   Our economy is driven by greed
not what we can do to help our fellow man but what can you do for me.

People who cry that is not my job will never be successful.  Those who say it
is not my job bu I can find a way to may our society a little better will
succeed.   We as adults have had to spend the last year teaching our children
that it is not ok to lie, even if you are the President yet we are supposed
to be a better society.  Let's all get back to teaching our young people
about dealing with life.