[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #928

> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Highs after breaking a fast
>      Just curious if anyone else has experienced a high after breaking a
>      fast.  I was testing my am basals this morning and skipped breakfast.
>      Everything looked good 80-100 all morning. Then I had lunch, nothing
>      that I hadn't had before bolused my standard amount for that
>      particular meal and two hours later was 241. It's not the first time
>      its happened. I experience a similar phenomenon when I eat breakfast
>      late, on those all too few days I get to sleep in. I am just trying
>      figure out yet another puzzle diabetes has presented to me.
>      Thanks
>      Brooke

Yes, I almost always do. So I started to automatically increase my bolus,
but it's just a guess because I never know how high it will go. I did a
basal test last night because I've been having problems with highs between 9
and 10. I must say my basals are perfect - between 8:30 and 11:00pm I tested
92,98,98,91. At 11p I decided to eat something very low carb. One egg and a
cup of diet cocoa - 5g of carb. I even bolused .2 because I thought I would
get some rise but less than an hour later I was 165.

I do find it hard to delay eating and sometime feel funny (including hungry)
while fasting (unrelated to bgs). I have no explanation but am puzzled as
you are.

(Who does basal testing as little as possible because of this)