[IP] When to stop a basal test

Ok, I am testing my morning basal for the first time this week, but have
been having problems with my morning sugars, mostly from undecided changes
in bg during the night. Another question to be asked.

I went to bed at :  128
3am :  Slept through alarm, usually a sign of being low.
4am :  236  (Corrected)
8am :  91   (Started basal test)
9am :  195   (Eeek.  Bounce or true rise?)
10am:  207   (Seems to have evened out)
11am:  248   (Nope, still climbing, Corrected)

My question is, I obviously didn't stay even so I am going to correct it
now.  But on mornings my bg is normal I usually stay normal all morning.  I
looked at everything.  The site was changed Tuesday and I usually get 4 days
out of a set.  It look fine, no discomfort or redness, there is no blood
that I can see in the cannula.  There is no air in the tubing and the
cartridge was added the same day as the site.  Coincidence, since I usually
don't change them at the same time.    I am wondering if maybe it is because
of my carb ratio since when I eat breakfast this time period is stable.

Or maybe I bounced between 8 and 9?  Hmmmmm....  I guess my question
is...200 is definitely high, but when do you cut off a basal test that goes
awry?  Is it at 150 or is it when the  bg raises more then 30 or 40 units?

I looked at everything.  The site was changed Tuesday and I usually get 4
days out of a set.  It look fine, no discomfort or redness, there is no
blood that I can see in the cannula.  There is no air in the tubing and the
cartridge was added the same day as the site.  Coincidence, since I usually
don't change them at the same time.

Thanks,
Sherry