Re: [IP] Problems with Glucometers in the classromm

Well, said.  I am a teacher, not a classroom teacher, but still an educator
and a pumper.  I tried to say my 2c worth yesterday, but didn't want to seem
too biased.
I think if each parent would just spend one day in the classroom (not be able
to be seen by students) the parent may have just a little more respect for
the job that is being done.  My question to them is: Just how long could you
stand to be in a room filled with 30 or more kids (any age) and deal with all
their different little personalities, there up bringing and or lack of it in
some cases, their lack of respect for the teacher (because parents talk about
teachers at home like they are dirt), their home problems (these do have
bearing on their behavior as well as their learning process), the language
they use,
and then add a few medical problems, kids leaving to go to somewhere else in
the buildingfor some reason (not exactly testing bg"s), the kid who needs to
go to the restroom in the middle of class, one just got sick on the floor
(sick when left home but Mom couldn't miss work so had to send sick child to
school), don't forget the fire drill in the middle of everything, the
assembly for the next fund raiser, oh yes, and don't forget this is the week
that teacher must start work on the variety show because that brings in a lot
of money, deal with the child who forgot lunch money, forgot homework or
didn't even do it, the child that smells  so bad that no one else will sit
beside them,(this isn't the week for the nurse to come to this school),
grades are due it's the end of the nine weeks already and low and behold
there wasn't much time left for teaching.  If I were the teacher and a child
wanted to check bg while I'm teaching I would say be my guest.

As I said yesterday come to school and educate the educators about diabetes,
but don't be so hard on the educators until you have spent a day in our
shoes.  I checked in my school (small town) all diabetics want to leave the
classroom to check bg's their choice, but no one had a problem if child
wanted to check in class room as long as they didn't need assistance from

Nancy 35years both diabetes and teaching.  Believe me folks retirement is
looking better and better everyday.