[IP] RE: auto-immune problems

I was told back in 92 that this is what is suspected happens in MOST
"juvenile onset" diabetes.  I had the mumps 5 months prior to being dxed.
the theory is that a secondary viral infection set up at the time and it
caused the body to attack the pancreas (auto-immune rejection of the islets
of L).  Considering that I am the first IDDM in my family history, it makes
sense.  I also have always had very high rheumatoid factor, even prior to
getting arthritis.  With asthma on my checklist of always there medical
problems, this seems to agree with the theory.