Re: [IP] adult vs child - carbs/ratios

email @ redacted wrote:
> I know YMMV - but i just seems to me that a child's carb ratio shouldn't be
> like that of an adult!  Or their basel rates!
> Kap's basel rate  is .7 and .8 - is he a high stressed mature little person?

Yes, children are different, but you just can't compare.

When children are growing, they use a LOT of energy that we adults
don't! It's possible that the growth spurt may require more insulin.

When children enter puberty, their hormones do weird things, sometimes
requiring a lot more insulin than an adult.

So keeping a child under control is DIFFICULT, because their bodies keep

In addition ALL of us, diabetic or not, have different degrees of
insulin-resistance. Even in Type 1, some people are more
insulin-resistant than others. YMMV bigtime!

So don't worry about the amounts Kap is using -- worry about whether his
BGs are in control, whether he's growing normally, whether he has good
energy and can do the things that are normal for kids his age!!!!

 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted