[IP] (no subject)

<<Our local TV today gave a report that diabetics need not get their eyes
checked yearly. The minimum requirement is now every two years. Their
reasoning: *IF* BGs and BP are in good control, yearly visits are a waste of
time. Since we know that the majority of DMers are Type 2s and probably a
good share of them take their *sugar pills* and eat on their merry way and
don't bother checking their blood pressures, I fear that many will take that
report to heart and save some money.>>snip<< I feel that was very
irresponsible reporting. I know far too many older adult-onset diabetics who
are very comfortable with well over 200 BGs consistently.>>

Perhaps you could forward a copy of the ADA Standards of Clincal Practice
with the appropriate section highlighted or underlined? I think it is found
at www.diabetes.org.

Barbara B.