[IP] Rapids Question

Just started using Rapids (Disetronic's 'Direct Delivery' 'needle)@ am using
10mm size as I am - er - uh -fat?  About 75% of the time when I change my
site blood oozes out and I've had a few unexpected highs that caused me to
change the site 'early' and when I checked blood seemed to ooze out of the
tip of the needle too. (I checked this by priming a little.)  Is this
normal?  Any tips might help.  I'd been using Tenders with a H/V mix to
avoid pump bumps and am now back on straight Humalog without problems with
the Rapids.