Re: [IP] Fw: Disputed health duties injected...

>as a parent, who by the way had to demand that my child's health
>care needs be met while in school, do not in any way, shape or fashion >feel I have abused ADA or IDEA.
>If the school will not or cannot provide an aide to help in these >necessary "tasks" then the school has the problem, NOT the parent.

I did not mean to imply in any way that you (or anyone else on the list)
has abused the system. Only that there are people out there who may. I
agree with you, the school should have to provide SOMEONE to help take
care of your child's health needs. For example, a school nurse. But the
classroom teacher should NOT automatically be forced to be this person,
anymore than you should be forced to drive to the school everyday to
give the injection. A teacher's primary responsibility is the EDUCATION
and SAFETY of the students, and administering health care or medical
assistance to a single student on a regular basis may interfere with the
education or safety of all the other students.