[IP] RE:A1c question

Does your meter average actually reflect that number - 9.4?

If not, perhaps you are going at some point during the day when you rarely
test - say at 3 am?  Some people overnight will go low and rebound high or
go high and steadily drop til morning... so the problem isn't evident unless
you have a good record of blood sugars throughout the day and night.

9.4 seems a little high!

When I had my 10.0's for a few years in a row a few years back, I *knew*
they were that high, my control was TERRIBLE.

My only other suggestion is to start doing 2 hr post prandials and recheck
your basals?