Re: [IP] Contemplating???

Debbie wrote:

>>you need a supportive Dr.  He/She is probably
afraid of prescribing the pump! for fear of what it may do!! Keep reading
 the successes here, this list  has been a godsend to me!  If you have the
 right teacher who remains available to you for advice, support and
encouragement, you will do WONDERFUL!! Please investigated a PUMP.<<

I second this, but you also need a good CDE who is familiar with pump usage.
Some doctor's don't always keep up with new info, but they depend on their
CDE's who become the life support for their patients.  My endo surprised me
so much yesterday when I went in for my checkup.  When I first mentioned the
pump to him, he was initially against it but told me he would support
whatever decision I made.  Yesterday, he told me he thought the pump would
be a good thing for me.  (Huh?  Who was this guy?  Where was my endo and
what did they do with him?????)  *grin*  Anyhow, my husband figures he took
the time to go over my file and talk with his CDE, and now I'm being told we
can even make a real good case with the insurance company.  Now, just
waiting for the insurance company to get straightened out and get the ball

Type 1 for 37 years, seeing a pump in my future!