[IP] HbA1C Question

I just got the results of my most recent HbA1C.  They were 9.4!!  The highest
number I have ever had!  (Sept. 1999 they were 8.9.) This especially
surprised me since lately I have been having problems with lows not highs.  I
wondered if anyone could give me some additional ideas as to how to get my
number down.  Of course keeping sugars in check will help but what about
additional exercise, less stress, etc.?  I have been going through a very
difficult Worker's Compensation case and my stress levels have been on the
high side.  Just wondered if somehow that could be effecting my HbA1C
numbers.  The endo I have is not very helpful and he is the only endo within
my medical group so it looks like I'm mainly on my own.