Re: [IP] Fw: Disputed health duties injected...

Laura wrote:

 But if your child needs someone to administer the injection or the bolus
every day, then maybe
> the teacher is not the person who should be dealing with it. If people
> start abusing the disabilities act, sooner or later everyone is going to
> lose out.

As a member who has never before felt the need to respond, I would like to
say that as a parent, who by the way had to demand that my child's health
care needs be met while in school, do not in any way, shape or fashion feel
I have abused ADA or IDEA.  My child was diagnosed at 5 and started school 2
months later. I had to take a month off work to be there with her while I
fought the school to provide services. She needed an injection before lunch,
among other things.  Children have health care needs that must be met so
they can attend school safely. And there are laws that protect their rights
to do so at no cost to parents ( Free Appropriate Public Education).  If the
school will not or cannot provide an aide to help in these necessary "tasks"
then the school has the problem, NOT the parent.  I do not and never will
feel guilty for using these laws as leverage to guarantee that my child's
health care needs will be met while she is attending school.

Thanks for letting me vent!