[IP] re: newby

My suggestion to save time is for you to begin today logging all bgs/times,
carbs, doses.  You'll need to demonstrate that you are carb counting
accurately, applying the unused insulin rule, shaving, correcting.  You'll
need to know his average total daily dose, his correction (sensitivity)
factor, how to calculate these as they constantly change.  If you're already
doing this, you are ahead of the game and can demonstrate this.  It would
help if you had a gram scale and knew about figuring carb factors of his
foods.  Otherwise they'll make you take a class first, log for a couple of
weeks to prove you can do it, and that's a delay.  (but worth it)  I would
think for brittle D pumping would be a great help.  I wish you the best.