Re: [IP] Problems with Glucometers in the classromm

This infuriates me!  There are various state laws protecting disabled kids
from this kind of harassment.  My kid has always done her own testing,
shooting and pumping from her seat in the classroom and it is NO PROBLEM.
Don't listen to any B. S. about "the school has to do it this or they are
liable".  My kid has been to both types of schools; small and without a
nurse, and a large school with a nurse.  In both cases, she is allowed to do
what she wants.  The nurse hardly ever gets involved except to help.  Check
out your rights - you might try the JDF or ADA as a source of information.
This one is worth fighting for because the school is willing to stigmatize
and hassle your kid and make him feel bad.  Good Luck!