Re: [IP] Problems with Glucometers in the classromm

Greetings all:
   Gee - I didn't even ASK for everyone's input YET for my friend's case, but
this is such a "hot potato" obviously that the stories just keep rolling in
nonetheless!! I've forwarded every one to her (she's in MA) & things are
proceeding even as I type! She's already "connected" with the mom in CT who
successfully battled & won the right for her child to test whenever &
wherever; and has been receiving support from lots of other resources,
including a mom in a neighboring congressional district who previously
battled successfully. By the time this EMPOWERED mom gets done, I wouldn't be
surprised to see a NATIONAL mandate established! Wouldn't that be nice????
    And to the vast majority of adult IP-ers whose school days predated
glucose meters; imagine if you will, the ludicrous idea of having the means
and the motivation to monitor your diabetes as a child...and then having
those efforts stifled by some school personnel/nurse with outmoded knowledge
of diabetes!!! Grrrrrr.....
BEWARE the incensed "Momma Bears"! Don't mess with our little cubs!! LOL
Regards, Renee ( melissa's pump-mom)