Re: [IP] Snapped cannulas

In a message dated 2/14/00 2:55:13 PM, email @ redacted writes:

> have already seen 2 "snapped" (badly bent or broken) cannulas. One
>of them led to a severely irritated site that no longer diffused insulin

I have had problems with bent cannulas when a sofset has come out a little
bit and then been pushed back in (has happened on my hip when I have sat down
against the back of a hard chair, for instance).  The solution for me has
been the sandwich method -- applying tape first, then the infusion set
through the tape, and another piece of tape over everything.  The tape on the
infusion set seems to stick more reliably to the first tape than to my skin.

Linda Z